About Our E-books
What is an e-book?
- A digital version of a printed book that is portable and accessible on many electronic devices (Mac, PC, laptop, smartphone, Nook, Kindle, Sony Reader, tablet computer, e-reader, etc.)
- A quick download away (most take less than 3 minutes to fully download)
- A book with no cost for shipping and handling
- An eco-friendly alternative to printed books
How do I find UW Press e-books?
A link to purchase UW Press e-books, noted by , will be found on individual book pages in the shopping cart section. You are also able to search for e-books by:
- Clicking the books link on our homepage
- Browsing by subject
- Or using the search function on the left side of most pages
What can I do with a UW Press e-book?
- Access the book on 6 different devices
- Printing or cut/paste allowed
- Create your own personal library
- Bookmark, highlight, and create text notes
- Read books on and offline
What is Adobe Digital Editions?
- Adobe Digital Editions is a free downloadable software, which you will need to install on each device you wish to read your e-book on
- Allows easy viewing of e-books in PDF format, preserving the look of the printed page
- Software is available in many languages
- For more information regarding the installation of Adobe Digital Editions, please see our Adobe Digital Editions page.
- Download at:
What other vendors sell UW Press e-books?*
Apart from on our website, the UW Press’s e-books can be found through distributors of e-books to libraries and individuals including:
*E-books sold through other vendors may have different permitted uses and different digital rights management (DRM) than those sold on the UWP site.
When are UW Press e-books available for sale?
UW Press e-books are published every fall and spring. A large portion of our print titles will be available as e-books. However, the e-book edition will show in our website's shopping cart some time after the print version, for technical reasons. If you are interested in the e-book edition of one of our titles and it doesn't yet show as available in the shopping cart, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where else can UW Press digital content be found?