Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook
With Exercises and Basic Grammar
A revised and updated edition, for language study in the classroom or at home
Three official languages have emerged in the Balkan region that was formerly Yugoslavia: Croatian in Croatia, Serbian in Serbia, and both of these languages plus Bosnian in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Textbook introduces the student to all three.
Dialogues and exercises are presented in each language, shown side by side for easy comparison; in addition, Serbian is rendered in both its Latin and Cyrillic spellings. Teachers may choose a single language to use in the classroom, or they may familiarize students with all three. This popular textbook is now revised and updated with current maps, discussion of a Montenegrin language, advice for self-study learners, an expanded glossary, and an appendix of verb types. It also features:
- All dialogues, exercises, and homework assignments available in Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian
- Classroom exercises designed for both small-group and full-class work, allowing for maximum oral participation
- Reading selections written by Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian authors especially for this book
- Vocabulary lists for each individual section and full glossaries at the end of the book
- A short animated film, on an accompanying DVD, for use with chapter 15
- Brief grammar explanations after each dialogue, with a cross-reference to more detailed grammar chapters in the companion book, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Grammar.
Additional materials in the Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian series:
Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian Audio Supplement
Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, a Grammar
For more information, answer keys, and related materials, see www.bcsgrammarandtextbook.org.
“This textbook is the most grammatically and culturally accurate of any BCS materials available. It is the best adapted to the diverse needs of my students, who often combine Croatian heritage, Bosnian contacts, and Serbian preoccupations in the same classroom.”
—Wayles Browne, Cornell University
Publicity and Press Kit Resources
Media & bookseller inquiries regarding review copies, events, and interviews can be directed to the publicity department at email@example.com or (608) 263-0734. (If you want to examine a book for possible course use, please see our Course Books page. If you want to examine a book for possible rights licensing, please see Rights & Permissions.)
LC: 2006046201 PG
515 pp. 8.5 x 11
148 b/w illus.,