The University of Wisconsin Press
The Centennial Commissions
The School of Music at the University of WisconsinMadison
To celebrate its 100th anniversary the School of Music commissioned six major American composers to write works for the school's student and faculty ensembles.
- John Harbison's Emerson performed by the Concert Choir
- Daron Hagen's Concerto for Brass Quintet performed by the Wisconsin Brass Quintet
- David Ott's Gathering of Waters performed by the Wingra Woodwind Quintet
- Joan Tower's Rapids performed by the Symphony Orchestra with Ursula Oppens, piano soloist
- Libby Larsen's Concert Dances performed by the Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- Ralph Shapey's String Quartet No. 9 performed by the Pro Arte String Quartet
- Thea Musgrave's Celebration Day performed by the UWMadison Concert Choir and Chamber Orchestra, Beverly Taylor, conductor
Distributed for the School of Music, University of WisconsinMadison
Media & bookseller inquiries regarding review copies, events, and interviews can be directed to the publicity department at email@example.com or (608) 263-0734. (If you want to examine a book for possible course use, please see our Course Books page. If you want to examine a book for possible rights licensing, please see Rights & Permissions.)
CD ISBN 978-1-931569-02-6
No longer distributed by UW Press. Recordings available from the School of Music at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Home | Books | Journals | Events | Textbooks | Authors | Related | Search | Order | Contact
If you have trouble accessing any page in this web site, contact our Web manager.
Updated 10/1/2014© 2010, The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System