The University of Wisconsin Press
The Centennial Commissions
The School of Music at the University of WisconsinMadison
To celebrate its 100th anniversary the School of Music commissioned six major American composers to write works for the school's student and faculty ensembles.
- John Harbison's Emerson performed by the Concert Choir
- Daron Hagen's Concerto for Brass Quintet performed by the Wisconsin Brass Quintet
- David Ott's Gathering of Waters performed by the Wingra Woodwind Quintet
- Joan Tower's Rapids performed by the Symphony Orchestra with Ursula Oppens, piano soloist
- Libby Larsen's Concert Dances performed by the Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- Ralph Shapey's String Quartet No. 9 performed by the Pro Arte String Quartet
- Thea Musgrave's Celebration Day performed by the UWMadison Concert Choir and Chamber Orchestra, Beverly Taylor, conductor
Distributed for the School of Music, University of WisconsinMadison
To schedule an interview with the author or to request a review copy of the book, contact our publicity manager, phone: (608) 263-0734, email: email@example.com.
Music CD $25.00
Home | Books | Journals | Events | Textbooks | Authors | Related | Search | Order | Contact
If you have trouble accessing any page in this web site, contact our Web manager.
Updated July 21, 2010© 2010, The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System