In an effort to promote the highest quality of scientific and professional conduct among
its members, the American Orthoptic Council endorses the following guiding principles,
which represent basic scientific and professional values of our profession.
Members of the editorial staff shall:
1. Uphold the highest standards of scientific investigation and professional comportment,
and an uncompromising commitment to the advancement of knowledge.
2. Honor the rights and accomplishments of others and properly credit the work
and ideas of others.
3. Strive to avoid conflicts of interest.
4. Demonstrate social responsibility in scientific and professional practice, by considering
whom their scientific and professional activities benefit, and whom they
5. Provide honest and impartial advice on subjects about which they are informed
6. As mentors of the next generation of scientific and professional leaders, strive
to instill these ethical standards in students at all educational levels.
Approved by the AOC, July 7, 2008.
James Reynolds, M.D. Buffalo, NY email@example.com
Kyle Arnoldi, C.O.
Dr. James Reynolds
Ira G. Ross Eye Institute University at Buffalo
1176 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14209