The University of Wisconsin Press
Travel / Norway / Cookbooks
Eat Smart in Norway
How to Decipher the Menu, Know the Market Foods & Embark on a Tasting Adventure
Veer off the tourist path to find authentic cuisine and rich new experiences in Norway
•Finalist, Travel Guide category, ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards
The latest offering in the innovative and award-winning Eat Smart series of culinary guidebooks, Eat Smart in Norway offers an upbeat and fascinating look at the culinary history, culture, regional dishes, and recipes of Norway for vacation goers, business travelers, and backpackers alike. Joan Peterson provides a treasury of culinary surprises and language tips for navigating menu and market, guiding the reader through unfamiliar Norwegian cuisine.
Eat Smart in Norway contains the following helpful features:
• a Menu Guide that demystifies food selection, allowing visitors to order food with confidence
• a Food and Flavors Guide that provides a comprehensive list of foods, spices, cooking utensils and styles, and more to make shopping in colorful outdoor markets easy and fun
• a range of delicious recipes that allows travelers to preview the tastes before departure, broadening the guide’s appeal to cookbook lovers as well
• a rich, historical perspective on the origins and varieties of food, and extensive background on the regional dishes.
Joan Peterson is an experienced world traveler and the author of the Eat Smart guides to the food of Brazil, Turkey, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, Morocco, India, Peru, and Sicily.
Distributed for Ginkgo Press
For more information regarding publicity and reviews contact our publicity manager, phone: (608) 263-0734, email: email@example.com
Of related interest:
There are ten titles in the Eat Smart series, so you can embark on tasting adventures to France, Brazil, Mexico, Poland, Peru, Moroco, Turkey, Sicily, India, and Indonesia.
LC: 2010935627 TX
160 pp. 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
8-page color insert, 14 b/w illus.
Paper $14.95 t
Click here for a further explanation of the shopping cart feature.
• For more information, see
Home | Books | Journals | Events | Textbooks | Authors | Related | Search | Order | Contact
If you have trouble accessing any page in this web site, contact our Web manager.
Updated May 2, 2012© 2012, The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System