The University of Wisconsin Press
Humor / Memoir
Something I Said?
Innuendo and Out the Other
Illustrations by John Sieger
Music CD: Lyrics by Michael Feldman, performed by John Sieger
"It's required reading in my house."Michael Feldman
What we have here is another mighty slim volume from Michael Feldman, best known (when known at all) for his public radio show Whad'ya Know? Feldman, who spouts off about things he knows "not much" about weekly, here writes them down:
- how to get your own radio show and what you can do with it once you do
- marriage (or as Feldman refers to it, "a long-term bad relationship")
- child-rearing (although it sounds like it's the author who is being reared)
- a number of short pieces on places he and his crew have visited for their "remote possibilities"
- more references to "gentiles" than absolutely necessary (seems to be an issue for Feldman, although he is amused by the notion that, to a Mormon, he is one)
- some attempts to misrepresent scientific or social research for humorous purposes
- many personal revelations that prove the examined life is not necessarily worth living either
- and pages and pages of fluff
Mr. Feldman has not been compared, to our knowledge, to S. J. Perlman. But here is some of what Feldman says in the book: "Take the phrase 'no problem': I can use it, although it is the very opposite of my two-word world view ('Nothing works')."
Michael Feldman, the host of Michael Feldman's Whad'ya Know?, heard nationally on 320 public radio stations, is the author of Whad'ya Know?, The Book of Whad'ya Knowledge, Thanks for the Memos, and Wisconsin Curiosities. He lives in Madison, Wisconsin, with an other-sex partner and two daughters.
Visit www.notmuch.com to find out more about the man who says:
"The paranoid no longer is: paranoia has outlived its usefulness when everybody is out to get us."
Media & bookseller inquiries regarding review copies, events, and interviews can be directed to the publicity department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 263-0734. (If you want to examine a book for possible course use, please see our Course Books page. If you want to examine a book for possible rights licensing, please see Rights & Permissions.)
LC: 2004008109 PN
208 pp. 6 x 9
31 b/w drawings Includes music CD
Cloth $22.95 t
Adobe Digital Edition
About our e-books
Printing and cut/paste allowed, access on six different devices.
Home | Books | Journals | Events | Textbooks | Authors | Related | Search | Order | Contact
If you have trouble accessing any page in this web site, contact our Web manager.
Updated August 22, 2011© 2010, The Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System